Last week sucked hardcore. It was a lesson in brutality on ones psyche, self pity and depression.
You see I have been looking for work since January and I still can't find anything and that is even after applying to flip burgers. So i guess you can say it can frustrate a man to the point where he starts to question himself and what he is doing. It also makes you bat shit crazy for a few days.
I am feeling better now. It just seems anytime I try to get myself in a position to do something out of the house. I get slapped down hardcore. Normally I am all for being slapped around but this has just been ridiculous the last few months.
So I think for the rest of the week I am going to share onf the things that brings me peace. Cooking. That's right kids it's going to be recipe week starting with my own variation of twice baked potatoes.
All recipes will feed 4-6 people depending on ages of your children.
2-3 Large Baker potatoes.
1-1 1/2 pounds of chicken. I use thigh meat but you can use breast meat is you like.
1/4 pound cream cheese.
Half a stick of butter
about 1/4 cup of sweet and sour marinade
about a 1/4 cup of Teryaki marinade. Look for a thicker marinade. If you get the watered down stuff half it.
I use a wok for most of my cooking but I guess you could use a large pan for this as well.
Get your potatoes in the oven at least one hour before you plan to eat dinner.
Throw the cream cheese, butter, sweet and sour and teryaki into your wok and set at low heat.
Take out the chicken and cut it up into small cubes.
After cutting up the chicken the butter should be melted and the cream cheese should nice softened up enough to use a whish to mix sauce up.
Turn your heat up just a little and throw in the chicken. Let it slow cook while your Potatoes cook.
When the potatoes are ready to come out cut them in half and get to scooping them out. Take what you scoop up and mix up with sour cream.
Use a slatted spoon and drain the chicken as you fill the potatoes.
Spread a layer of the mashed potatoes over the top of the chicken and then cover in shredded cheese of choice. I like to use sharp cheddar and monterey jack cheese.
Throw your potatoes back in the oven til the cheese melts and serve.
Experiment with it and have fun. I ahve also made this using Knorr alfredo mix instead of the sweet and sour and teryaki. But the cream cheese and butter is what gives you your base. You can also use this base for a number of other sauces. We may see it return this week. I never now what I am making unitl aoround noon pacific standard time so for you east coasters that's 3pm.
Have fun kids.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I wont lie to you. That was possibly the last thing I ever expected to see you write on this site! But it sounds good, so I will give them a go one day!
OMG!!!
I LOVE this idea. You rule.
I have never heard of twice baked potatoes like this before. I'm gonna try it!
Yay you!
I'm sorry you're feeling so depressed. It sucks to feel like that. Something will come along...it always does so keep the faith and hang tough.
Sy, I like to throw a curve ball at you every so often. It's nice to see it worked.
Kristen, Thank you. I am keeping the faith. It almost seems like any time I have an opportunity to go to work it's like God says "No you need to be at home working on the your website."
Just have to remember that faith is not faith until it is all your holding on to.
So I am rolling with it.
I am an unconventional chef. I don't like making the same old boring crap. I get in the kitchen and it's time to create. Cooking is my peace. I enjoy it and it helps relax me.
This sound pretty damn good. It's a good thing you did not include pictures otherwise I would have had no choice but to immediately leave work and cook up some of these bad boys. My stomach was howling as I was reading the Recipe de Just a Guy MovieWhore Iron Chef Jim.
Post a Comment