
I love in a college town. As a matter of fact when it comes to partying I live in one of the top college towns. Chico State University has a long history of partying. St. Patrick's day in Chico usually begins at 6 am when the bars are open.
This year I though since I have this little blog to write I would go down to the bars and see what I could dig up from the college kids.
Bar - The Town Lounge (AKA The Scrounge)
The Scrounge is usually the last bar you want to go to. Forget about using the restroom as the smell alone could make a sober person throw up. While in there this morning I decided to talk to a couple people and see what their plans were for the day.
Name: Tom
Age: 21
Plans for the Day: "You're looking at it. I got up at 5 this morning and had a big breakfast at Jacks (mom and Pop version of Denny's) and now I am going to drink green beer and Guiness all day. I may get some corn beef and cabbage later but it all depends on how drunk I get between now and noon."
Remember these kids are our future.
Name: Tina
Age: 22
Plans for the Day: "Oh I am totally going to be drinking all day. My friends and I are going to drinking contest at one of the frat houses here in a few."
"They have a drinking contest planned for 7am?"
"Yeah, and Sheila over there is going to enter. She can drink any guy under the table."
Name: Jake
Age: 82
Plans for the Day: "Well I am planning on watching these stupid kids get so drunk they fall down and throw up on each other."
"Will you be drinking?"
"I will be sipping my whiskey all day long. I have a corn beef sandwich that will be delivered to the bar around noon from my son. Then I will see how many girls butts I can pinch before I get slapped."
"You mean not all of them slap you?"
"Most of them want to when they turn around but when see that I am little old guy they kind of giggle and walk off."
I can't wait to get old. Well that's it for this morning. Time to go watch Boondock Saints and listen to some more Flogging Molly. Have fun out there.

1 comment:
Jake is a man who has unlocked all of life's little secrets, and he is clearly reveling in his infinite wisdom.
Being old really can't be so bad.
Post a Comment