Thursday, April 3, 2008

Storms, storms, and more storms


Here we go again on a little trip inside my mind.
I wonder what we will find.

Will it cause laughter
Will it cause fear.
Could it even make you shed a tear

It is a tour and I am your guide
Hold on tight this fuckers going to be one hell of a ride.

So I am feeling a little silly as I write this on Thursday night. The Office is on. I loved the new My name is Earl and I can't wait to watch Saturday Night Live this week. Christopher Walken (namee) is hosting. He always has the best stuff. MORE COWBELL! I am a big fan of The Continental skits. Next.

Having (missed one there) one hell of a weird (misspelled the first time) fucking week. First I get asked by a small indy (no I am not fixing that.) film maker that read Why I am "The" Movie Whore when I (missed the shift key again) posted it over on The Rusty Lime and then emailed the site admin (that either) with a request for me to watch their movie and give them a review. So I did. I posted my review for you here. So I sent a much more in depth review full of all kinds of thoughts on the movie. I nit picked the hell out of it but also pointed out the shit I liked. I got an email back from Dom the guy that wrote it, directed it, filmed it and edited it. He loved my review. He was a having (forgot a word) shitty day and when he read my in depth review and that I like the movie he was quite happy and wants my thoughts on future projects. I am honored. I really am. It is quite the proud moment when some one reads the shit I write and says "This guy knows his shit." The (DAMN SHIFT KEY) guys even gave me a shout out on their MySpace bulletins. I thought this was (Another forgotten word) very cool and I am looking forward to seeing what else these guys put together. Next.

So a couple of the guys that are fellow contributors on The Rusty Lime decided they wanted to drive up from the bay area to little old Chico California to hang out with me. So Tomorrow night (tonight as many of you read this) I am going out for beers with Joe Marco and Kim OJ from The Rusty Lime. These guys are also the guys behind Last Rockstar (I just added this one to the dictionary) Productions that I have linked under the Cool Stuff header on the right. I watched their shorts and their not bad. Some of it's pretty funny. I dig these guys and (I skip a lot of words) you should check out some of (a lot of words) their articles on The Rusty Lime. I am (missed the space bar) not all that (Nothing here but just wanted to mention I dig Rammstein) impressed with the Office this week so I am switching to music. I have it on shuffle so (extra letter) I have no idea what's coming next but we have started with some 3 Doors Down. Any way I am looking forward to tomorrow night but I am scared because Joe is bringing a video camera and no good can come from that.

So Joe (shift damn you) gives me a call today to set up tomorrow night and I find out that The Rusty Lime has had close to a quarter million unique hits from the US since the beginning of the year. And (left out a letter {then hit caps lock}) close to 50,000 from Australia where the site is based out of and close to another (dyslexia strikes again) 50,000 from the rest of the world. I guess things are really starting to take off. I guess there is even talk of trying to get us press passes. All I could think was "HOLY SHIT!" It is a little hard for me to believe that this guy here is a part of something like that. I have always dreamed of having part in something that generated that kind of mass appeal but never really thought that I would it would happen. I would like to thank Micheal Ott (it's a name for Christs sakes so I am not fixing it), the man that owns and runs The Rusty Lime for letting be a contributor on his site. It is an honor. Oleander is on right now. Not bad stuff. I ripped a bunch of Statty's (It's a nick name but a name none the less so I am not changing it) CDs (apparently their is no accurate plural for CD) over the weekend I am shuffling through it to see what my boy is listening to.

Speaking of Statty (already addressed this), he just moved in with his girlfriend last weekend and of course I helped. It's not like I ( I said shift damn you) could tell him no. That guy has helped me move more times than I can count. This really was an easy move. Only 2 real heavy items and the stairs weren't too bad. I dig his girlfriend. She is a cool lady. Very funny and very good for him. I have been hanging with Statty (NO) for about 7 years now. This is the first time he has ever lived with a girl. My free entertainment has just jumped by leaps and bounds. To give you an idea of how much time I spend hanging out with this guy he usually spends about 2 hours here 3 days a week. We go over football news and discuss movies. Him and my girlfriend get along fine. Statty (what part of no do you not understand) is an entertaining guy. He also knows more about football than I know about movies. He is a fucking football guru that make Mel Keyper (see name rule) look like an amateur. So here pretty soon Statty (AAAHHHH!!!) is going to join the blogosphere (Yeah so it's a made up word get over it) with his unique insights and I will be doing some guest posting there too. Hold on a moment.

OK (the shift key really is becoming the bane of my existence) I am back. I was trying to catch some lyrics. Statty (enough already) owns a couple Fall Out boy CDs (again with the CD thing). He claims to be straight and not (left out another word but in this case there could be some deeper psychological meaning) be a douche bag. When I asked him about this he said that if you listen to the lyrics you will find some cool shit in there. You see Statty (why God why) was an English (did not realized i needed to capitalize that one) major and picked up on a lot of double meanings and innuendo in their lyrics that most of us would probably miss. So I am giving them a shot to see if I can pick something up.

Fellas listen closely. (was going so fast I forgot to break it up) You don't always have to fuck her hard. I love Tenacious D. For those that don't know the line is the opening to one of their songs and that is what just came on. Where was I?

Shit I am lost again. Some one want to help me out. No Sy (name rule) that's a bad Sy(This is really getting redundant). I have no idea what it was but I am sure it was going to be bad. If you haven't done (dyslexia) it yet you really need to check Sy's (fucking names) shit out over at The Wheel is Turning but The Hamster is Dead. The mans got some great stuff. Cracks me up frequently. Oh I just remembered where I was at. Thanks (shift shift shift shift) for the reminder Sy(I may start running down the street naked and on fire in a moment if this shit keeps up).

I love Cracker. Such a fun band. The have (extra letters) bluesy style with a lot of there stuff that just grooves. I dig it.

Speaking of entertaining you need to check out this post from Crissy as she gets revenge against her neighbors whose dogs keep shitting in her yard. It's fucking classic. I love this ladies style. For (oh where or where had my little shift key gone oh where oh where can it be) those of you that I am missing in this post my apologies I am a little wrapped up in shit and have not gotten to all the blogs this week that I normally read. So make sure you check out the Blog Roll and check some of (forgot another damn word, fuck!) these people out. Now it's time for editing which I have not done yet. I always write the post out first then go back and edit. Which explains all the stuff (like this that you see throughout the post). I really could have warned you first but how is that fun for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tHE PROBLEM WITH THE SHIFT KEY IS THAT WHEN YOU SO IT WRONG, IT FUCKS YOU RIGHT OFF. nO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

ok. i HAVE TI SAY i HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HAPPY WITH YOUR TASTE IN MUSIC...BUT rAMMSTEIN??? dUDE. wHAT THE FUCK. gERMAN SAUSAGE ROCK? nOOOOOOOOO!

The Movie Whore said...

Some of it is good. Not much but a couple songs.