No seriously I want to know. I come across so many blogs that suggest writing a guest article on some one else's site. Question?
Wouldn't it be a little presumptuous to ask some one to let me write an article for them?
They say to find a site with similar content. If you have read half of my stuff you would realize my content is all over the place. I write about everything and anything. If you have a niche site wouldn't you shy away from having some one like me write an article or would my ability to write on such a wide variety of topics make me more desirable as a guest writer? Maybe I can write the article for you that just can;t seem to write yourself.
I will be the first to say that my writing as a blogger can be looked down upon but hey this is what I do to keep my mind sharp, well and have a little fun. Then again if you check out the articles I write for The Rusty Lime you find that I probably take a little more time and make sure the articles are better because I am writing as a constant contributor for some one else's site. Not to mention that the site is based in Australia and has contributors from around the world as well as readers from across the globe. So I have to write stuff that is going to have a broad interest. Then there is what I do over at NorCal Blogs, which is a local site aimed at the goings on of Northern California. There I have to be more discerning as I am writing for a specific audience. Lastly you have the stuff I write here. This site is my experimental playground. The only rules are my own and I have to find new different ways to enforce rules upon myself.
So here I am trying to establish my own brand of ADD, I don't know what is coming next style of writing and I am supposed to take that and find some one to let me write a guest spot on their blog. For some reason I just don't see a lot of invites coming my way.
Get ready for my weekend post which will probably be something like the Blog Storming article. I think that is going to be a weekly special since really it is the most creative and the most fun to write. Have fun kids.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
How do I get some one to let me guest blog on their site?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Just ask. I frequently ask people to write guest blogs if they have read a book that I haven't reviewed...or as a counterpoint to something I've reviewed.
If you asked me, I would just expect that your request would indicate why you think your guest blog would be appropriate on my blog. Ask...bloggers love comments, requests, complimentes, etc.
Thank you kindly. I guess I would still feel a little odd asking. But hey I will give it a shot sometime.
I am considering getting some guest posts together to see how it works. OR, read "When I cant be arsed to post anything" in to that.
When I do, I will just post an email address and get people to send it in. Then I will post it and take the credit. I shouldn't have said that last bit huh? Damn.
Actually, I do have an idea for a guest post but havent posted the idea yet. I am going to post a paragraph and end it half way, and then get people to add the next paragraph etc and let the story take shap and see where it goes. That could be fun.
Sy, I like your idea. I subscribed to your feed so I will on the look out for that one. Thanks for stopping by.
Post a Comment