
There a great many things that I find upsetting and instead of waiting until Friday to add it into my Blog Storming piece, I am going to touch on them today. That and I am getting a new computer Thursday and expect to be tweaking it for a couple days so I may not post anything new until this weekend. Away we go.
I read an older article today about Arizona passing a law making it illegal to employ illegal immigrants and that if you caught employing illegal immigrants you lose your business license. This is causing illegals to flee the state for other states or going home. I love this. I really do. How many jobs have been lost in the US this year. I heard the number is somewhere around 100,00 or more. I have read numerous articles each with a different number and rather than post incorrect information I am giving you my best guess based on what is out there. I am currently looking for work. I have been for about month. I can't find anything. I am an American citizen that obeys the law. I have a real problem with some one breaking the law and having a job as a result. Let's keep in mind we are talking about illegal immigrants. I have zero issue with anyone coming here legally to work. I would support any country that said if you come here illegally expect to be sent home. Regardless of the situation the law is the law. There are some laws I don't like but I follow them because there are consequences to not following them. To think that the law does not apply to me because I think it is unfair or that I think it should not apply because of my special situation would selfish. Feel free to to disagree with me and as always I ask that if you do disagree please present a thought out argument instead of hurling insults. You never know you might change my mind. Next.
The biggest part of our employment problem is not illegal immigrants, it is the common practice of shipping jobs overseas. Each year more companies ship more jobs overseas leaving Americans without jobs. I hate this practice with every fiber of my being. Any comapny that ships jobs over seas should be charges a tax that is equivalent to the total compensation for that position. When I say total compensation I mean not just salary but also benefits and vacation. The same they present total compensation the employee to make them feel better about a piddly raise. This is what is really killing our job market. You add that in with jobs going to illegals and it is a combination that spells doom for Americans. Now for something completely different.
I noticed last night that the Myspace blog for the Boondock Saints has removed the video of Troy Duffy announcing that the sequel will start filming this summer. The thing is gone like it never existed. I sent them an email to see if I could find out what's going on and I will let you know as soon as I hear something.
Crazy, I was crazy once then they put me in a home. I died there . Then the worms came. I hate worms, they make me crazy. Crazy, I was crazy once then they put me in a home. I died there . Then the worms came. I hate worms, they make me crazy. Crazy, I was crazy once then they put me in a home. I died there . Then the worms came. I hate worms, they make me crazy. Crazy, I was crazy once then they put me in a home. I died there . Then the worms came. I hate worms, they make me crazy.
OK I feel better now.
I actually have a phone interview today to an office manager for Spherion managing their recruiting/temp agency office here in town. Could be interesting. I will let you know how it turns out.
Then there is The Dude. My son is an endless source of entertainment. Especially when he is playing with Uma my half chihuahua half queens land heeler. Yes that is here in the picture with me asleep in my chair. The chair i am sitting in right now with Uma next to me. She has a rope toy and he likes to grab it and drag her across the carpet where she has grip and can fight him. But soon he gets her to the linoleum kitchen floor where she has no grip and he slides her around the kitchen. They do this for about 30 minutes at a time and is absolutely hilarious watching Uma fight with everything she has at the edge of the carpet knowing she is about to go for a ride. Kids and pets, all the free entertainment you could want.
I spend quite a bit of time on Babeled and recently I have noticed the absence of of one of there contributors on the site. Just struck me as curious. You may want to check out Greg's article on Super Smash Brawl.
In other news. I am getting my pretty new computer tomorrow and I can't wait to play Hellgat London, 2038. It's the first offering from the creative team at Flagship Studios. These are the guys that designed the master pieces know as Diablo and Diablo 2 but left Blizzard after being turned down for greatly deserved raises.
Unfortunately I was forced to get Windows Vista with the new machine. Since they had $100 off on the upgrade I got Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Anyone with any experience that can tell me what is going to tick me off please leave comments or contact me through my profile. I am sure I will spend the first 2 days on every message board I can find that has tips and tricks for Vista.
Bruce Campbell is my hero. Other heroes include Captain James Tiberius Kirk, my grandfather, Terry Brooks, Sean Connery, Robin Williams and Lewis Black. Not that you care but I am the writing this. So there. Childish? Definitely.
Until the next time do something you find interesting and see how much fun you can have with it.

4 comments:
Jim, I am running Vista Ultimate and every now and then (normally in the middle of doing something in Photoshop 30 seconds before I am ready to save) the machine locks up. And it locks up with a mighty vengeance prompting a manual restart. I have visited some forums and it appears there is an issue where Vista tries to Hibernate itself and freezes into Oblivion.
I will be curious to see if you have this problem. It did not start occurring for me until I had the new machine for about 2 months. Other than that the OS completely blows - just kidding. But I do miss the stability of XP Pro.
Thanks for the heads up. I can already see a Vista rant in my future.
It looks good, so its got that going for it, which is nice.
Allegedly Vista Service Pack 1 is available for download today. I will fire that up when I get home. I am cautiously optimistic that it will actually make a difference.
Post a Comment