Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Sarcasm on the side
9 comments:
-
Anonymous said...
-
I am not sure I would want a perspective employer seeing my blog before I get the job. I can be more professional and lie my head off in an interview and then be more "me" once I have the job.
When I read posts back to myself that I have written, I am not sure I would employ me! I see "Not right in the head" and "Cannot take things seriously" going through the heads of a reader! -
March 18, 2008 at 7:36 PM
- The Movie Whore said...
-
Seriously I would not want my future employer to read this post. Especially when I come right out and admit to being a D***.
-
March 18, 2008 at 7:50 PM
-
Anonymous said...
-
Unless the future employer was someone from the circus, I would never, ever, want him/her to see the crazy s**t I do and say on my blog.
EEEKKKK!
Can you imagine?
I only want them to know about my boat load of crazy AFTER I get the job! -
March 19, 2008 at 6:15 AM
- The Movie Whore said...
-
I could not agree with you more.
-
March 19, 2008 at 8:57 AM
- Roland Hesz said...
-
Nice post.
Would have been even better if you had not just picked out some sentence of my comment, putting them here without the context.
Would be a bit more credible, but don't worry. It's just a blog :) -
March 19, 2008 at 10:35 AM
-
Anonymous said...
-
OK, you guys all have a point.. if your blog is *that* type, you don't want a prospective employee see it at all, I agree with that. Same for many Facebook, Myspace profiles.
I thought it was obviuos, but I was referring to the process of actively managing your online presence by maintaining a more business-like, focused blog. If you have *that* type of blog, you shouldn't have to hide it, in fact you may just get approached by people who read your blog. -
March 19, 2008 at 11:04 AM
- The Movie Whore said...
-
despil, it wouldn't have been funny had it not been taken out of context.
Zoli, I do agree with you. However I am sure you can see that I am a sarcastic soul and this is the first time I had done something like this. I do appreciate your understanding. -
March 19, 2008 at 11:10 AM
- Roland Hesz said...
-
"despil, it wouldn't have been funny had it not been taken out of context. "
That's true.
Nice blog, btw, I guess I understand your post better after reading you some more. -
March 19, 2008 at 11:45 AM
- The Movie Whore said...
-
Thank you. thank you very much and I actually do mean that.
-
March 19, 2008 at 12:09 PM

[…] by smoothspan on March 18, 2008 Interesting flurry of blog posts about how blogs make better resumes than resumes. If you think so, you should certainly consider […]
That was funny for so many reasons.
Some of us do need resumes because if we sent an employer a link or list of links or a file of articles they likely to throw it in the round file.
“Well, if you google me up, you can see about 4 years of active bloggin/forum ”
Sounds like Google is your resume.
“Social networking is for “kids with cute kitty pictures”.
Blogs are for angsty teenagers. Everyone knows that.”
I wish I was everybody then I could 20 years off my age and be full of angst and I could put up my cute kitty pictures. I guess the new slogan is More angst more kitties hey I always want to be a Social Blogging Kid. think Toys R Us for those that missed the joke.
[…] the network aren’t credible, then you won’t get anything out of it. To me, LinkedIn is the most credible social network on the planet right now because it contains profiles of Fortune 500 executives and […]
Wait you mean the people that people spend so much time kissing up to are not actually that important? How ever could that be? My self worth lies in my social networks more so than the people I have actually met face to face.
Well that was a fun little exercise in improv writing and I think I may post this comment as my next article. Of course I will preface it and put in a link to this article.