Friday, March 14, 2008

Weekly Blog Storm

Well I have decided to make Blog Storming weekly Friday night thing. It is a lot of fun for me and seems to be entertaining for you. So with out further ado away we go.

Hey it's 8 pm on a Friday night here in Chico California. Right now that new Parker Posey show is on. I love her. She's funny and kind of sexy too. Next.

I had thought once but it ran away. I wish it would come back.

In other news. Something happened somewhere and some people were mad others were happy. I have done further research and found that those that were happy were also heavily medicated. After interviewing the angry people we have found that were angry because they not asked before those people did that thing.

If your now lost don't worry there is not test afterwards.

Why do children always look at the other parent when one asks them to do something?

So I was informed that my article on hulu.com nearly brought an office to a stand still. I have never been so proud of myself. Greg, the man whose office I nearly brought down said I should give myself a cookie. Which reminded me to update the cookie list. I will do that after I am done with this.

I stopped to think once but forgot to start again.

I can't wait to see if Tanya Andersen got her lawsuit filed against the RIAA. If so then a lot about their tactics will come to light and who knows they themselves may face criminal charges. check out the article here.

OK so the Parker Posey show is funny. It's the perfect part for her. Snobby and neurotic.

I thought about writing a book about religion. I would spend the next year or so developing relationships with people from several different faiths and I would tell their story of how they came to the spiritual choice. Each chapter would be a different person telling me their story. I have been toying with it a while but had 3 hours in a car by myself today with no radio to think about it. It got a lot of thought. Now for something completely different. Yes that line will appear weekly because I am a huge Monty Python fan.

So I have been looking for work the last month. I have put out around 40-50 resumes and have yet to receive a call. I did receive one email telling me I was not qualified to work a medical back office after spending 5 years working for 2 insurance companies as a manager.

I blame my smoking on my dad but not because he smoked. You see as a youth I got in a lot of trouble. Every time I got in trouble my dad would spend 1 1/2 - 2 hours lecturing me before I got my spanking or once I reached a certain age a touch of reality. What is a touch of reality you ask. that is one smack up side the head to remove my head from my ass. Looking back I can honestly say It was a great better deterrent than grounding. I could always sneak out. the physical punishment actually made me fear getting caught. Of course instead of behaving better I just got better at not getting caught. Anyway, while I was getting the lecture my dad would light a cigarette and and never take a drag. It would burn all the way down and he would light another. He had to have the cigarette in his hand to talk. He would wave it around making as he talked and as I tuned him out. I had mastered the ability to interject the following phrases perfectly into the lecture where I should with out ever actually paying attention.

"Yes dad"

"No dad"

"You are right dad"

"I know dad."

Now during these lectures about half way through I had to fight the urge to scream "Damn it man would you shut up and hit me already!"

I can't be sure but I am fairly certain had I ever done this I would have woke up sometime later, maybe in a hospital with a nurse telling me I had taken a bad fall. Oh come on it's funny and you know it. Anyway I attribute these little lectures to my smoking.

Well now I am off to watch House. I love that sarcastic Dr. Have a great weekend kids see you on Monday which is St Patrick's Day remember to wear green and drink some green beer and eat some corn beef and cabbage. Oh did you know in Ireland it's not that big of a deal. They actually credit him not for chasing snakes off but chasing off the Druids who used the snake predominately in their symbols. So yeah he is the guy you can credit with the end of the Druids who we still really don't anything about. Still think we should celebrate him?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet fun fact about Saint Patrick and the Druids.

The Movie Whore said...

I just think it is funny that we turned a day to celebrate a religious zealot into a day to get fall down drunk and an excuse to act like a complete idiot.

Di said...

How brave are you? Committing to doing the same thing every week. The only thing I'm really committed to is Thursday Thirteen and since I am a bit obsessive I have done it 72 weeks in a row. That's almost two pregnancies worth!!! Good luck...and I'll look forward to reading the blog storm each week.

The Movie Whore said...

Thanks Di. This type of writing really is my favorite. It allows me to put my ADD to good use.