Monday, March 31, 2008

You did what at work?


We all have those fun little stories of crazy shit we or some one else did at work. Here are a few of mine.

So I was working at T-Mobile in one of their call canters a couple years ago and they had a dress up day. The theme, cross dressing. That's right girls got duded up and guys got gussied up, me included. At the time my hair was long, just past my shoulders and had gone from brown to blond to black which is a story of it's own that I may share some time. Anyway I threw a pair of my ex wifes leather pants on and one of her oh so feminine shirts. Put on make up and lipstick and went to work. Oh did I forget to mention I did not shave off the mustache and goatee. I was a site to behold and then run screaming from. At one point I went out for a smoke break and one of the girls I knew walked up next to me to join in the circle of people talking. She was standing next to me not looking at me and with my hair down it kind of blocked her view of my face. I would say a good 5 minutes went by before she yelled "HOLY SHIT! I didn't know that was you until I looked at your face. I thought you really were woman." Needless to say people nearly fell down laughing.

There is one and here is the next one.

When I worked for United Healthcare (UHC) we had a little game we played amongst the supervisors. Let's say you got up and walked away from your desk but you did not lock your computer. If we saw an open computer we would open your email and send a letter of resignation to your boss. We would might cc you in on the letter if we remembered. Try explaining that one to your boss.

One day working at a video store some one came in and said "I am looking for movie with this guy in it..." I cut him off off and said "you mean that one with the guy that was in that movie with the chick that is in that other movie directed by that guy." I am a dick.

I have one those stress balls that is connected to an elastic string that is more like a yoyo. My favorite thing to do with it was to walk up behind an employee and throw it at their screen right in front of their face then snap it back. I am a dick.

At T-Mobile our big boss was a short Hispanic man. We had just had the be the bean story rolled out. Short version in life be like a coffee bean that changes the water and turns it into a cup of coffee instead of letting the water change it. So this guy dresses up like Juan Valdez and gets a real live miniature burrow and brings it to the office and takes through every pod. You have never been so startled as when a burrows nose catches your peripheral vision. and you turn to see a real burrow eye to eye.

When I was in the Air Force and stationed at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma City, we had a little game we like dto play that involved a football. You would grab the football and walk up behind some one leaned back in an office chair and bring that fucker down hard into their gut while yelling "TAKE THE HAND OFF!" We were dicks.

Are you noticing a theme?

One year for Halloween when my ex was pregnant with the Dude I decided my costume was going to be her. No I did not wear her. I dressed up in her maternity clothes and gave myself a nice pregnant belly and quite the rack. Again I did not shave the facial hair. Then I went to work. Did I mention I was a manager. I have no shame.

While working at UHC I had one pharmacy company I was dealing with weekly to get a bunch claims paid for them. This went on for nearly a year. I was single at the time. Over the course of the year me and this woman got to talking about other than work things. Let's just say there were some dirty emails and phone calls. This led to her wanting to send me a plane ticket to come spend a week with her for sex. I ended up turning her down because I met my ex wife and after our first date I knew I wanted to see more of her and saw the potential for something serious and did not want to jeopardize that for a week of frivolous sex. I look back now and wonder what the hell I was thinking.

This is just a few of the crazy things I have done over the years at work. This post was inspired by Crissy with this post she put up last week. I encourage you to check her stuff out. She is quite the entertaining lady, well maybe not lady but an entertaining woman none the less. Sorry Crissy, couldn't resist. I seem to put that in a lot of comments I leave on her blog.

Well it's been swell but the selling has gone down. Any one that name the movie I stole that from gets 5, no let's make it 10 cookies. Have fun all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeesh. Tank Girl. Weird film.

The Movie Whore said...

Tank Girls is one of my favorite movies. I watch every couple months in fact.

Anonymous said...

Dick.

Anonymous said...

I am so a fucking LADY!!

I don't know what you're talking about.

The Movie Whore said...

Kristen, I know you are quite the lady. Sarcastic wise cracking never boring lady.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!

That's better.

...Thank you.;)