Monday, April 28, 2008

The passing of the draft

If you are not a football fan then you may as well just skim through to see if I talk about anything other then the NFL Draft. It has consumed much of my existence for the last couple weeks getting ready for this holy of holy days.

It is the single most exciting off season event of any sport. It is a national holiday or should be. So how did I celebrate?

First I had to put on my Michael Huff jersey and my Raiders hat and then meet up with Statty and the Wookie at Safeway. Before I left the Queen of the Geeks discovered that me and the giys don't actually like football that much and that the only reason we watch the season is to see of all the bullshit we talk about on draft day actually happens. So.

There were cheers, there times when 6 guys all said at the same time "What the Fuck?"

There was beer, gin and tonic, vodka, Jagermeister, chips, dip and some medicinal herbs. We ate we drank and we took shots at each other and at each others teams. I lost big this year and here is why. They were posting up some comments form the web on the screen and one incredibly stupid motherfucker that I would gladly punch in the face puts up, "Mcfadden is really going to help our defense this year."

Darren Mcfadden is a running back. He plays offense. How in the blue hell is he going to help the fucking defense you fucking dolt. Needless to say I took much shit over this.

From a an entertainment standpoint one of the best drafts ever. Now for something completely different.

Friday I had a great conversation with one of my heroes and I will be putting the finishing touches on the article tonight after bowling. I had a second interview on Friday with a guy that gave me a couple names and I have one of them locked up for an interview and with any luck I should be talking to the mystery man this week.

Well kids its 130 am and I am getting tired. So again for all the entertainment you can stand chack out my blog roll and don't miss a link. May you have a great week.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand football, but when you're talking beer, gin, and vodka I'm all in.

Oh, and chips and dip. They're my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I DO understand football, albeit the English version and prefer rugby, but am stuck in the beer, gin and vodka part that Kirsten mentioned and am now thinking about the addition of chips and dip.

And talking of football, I stuck up a post with a youtube vid on which is well worth the view.

Anonymous said...

Bloody typo. Sorry Kirsten.

Anonymous said...

FUCK!!!! UGH!!! Can I just not type her name properly...

The Movie Whore said...

I am going to have to check out that video.

Anonymous said...

Okay really? Post something else. It's Wednesday for fuck sake!

The Movie Whore said...

I have been up for about 30 hours with a lot of pain. I tried to write something this morning but it was crap.

Anonymous said...

What the hell is causing such pain? Passing a stone?

The Movie Whore said...

Sinuses. Feels like I have spike being hammered into my sinus cavities. I deal with it a couple times a year. This just happens to be one of those times. I tried writing some stuff but couldn't get a clear thought through the pain. I know that was an oxymoron. Me with a clear thought.

Anonymous said...

You know the whole "head over a bowl of hot water to clear your sinuses" thing? Well, do that with a bottle of whisky instead. Actually...just drink it. Much easier.

Anonymous said...

Well I hope you get rid of this sinus crap soon.