Weeknds aound here with the kids means that I normally get up between 730-8 am. Now I usually don't have a problem with this. I let the Queen sleep in. She gets up early all week. Friday night I went to bed around 3 am. The kids, ok the Dude had me up at 730 am. We then took the kids to the park for a birthday party. Great playground area in the park that is completely fenced in and has but one exit. This gives the parents the chance to let their children run wild through area and all we have to do is keep an eye on the gate. SO the kids played hard and by the time we got home I was ready for a nap. The Queen of the Geeks went to hang out with a friend and I stayed hoe with DQ (8 yr old Drama Queen) the Dude. You can imagine I did not get much napping in. The Queen was gone for a few hours and upon her return felt bad knowing how tired I had been. No I did not make her feel guilty. I even told her that there was nothing for her to feel guilty about. Being the wonderful woman she is she told the children that this morning they should come get her and let me sleep in. Noble effort but an exercise in futility. The Dude is 3 and while he is quite well behaved for 3 he has his moments. So the kids being who they are were screaming at 730 am. She gets up and deals with them. I am almost back to sleep when it the phone rings at 830 am.
I am 5'10" and weigh in around 185 lbs. There is nothing physically imposing about me. Drewbacca is 5'7" (being generous) and ways over 250 lbs. Drewbacca also has quite the martial arts back ground and can move fairly quickly in short bursts for a man his size. In a stragiht up fight he would kick my ass before I knew what happened.
SO now you can guess who called. The conversation sounded something like this.
Me "This better be an emergency"
Him "It is I cut my toe off"
Me "Really"
Him "No"
Me "Then why are you calling me at 830 am and this better be good"
Him sounding quite sheepish "Well I want to take you guys out to breakfast and I figured with the kids you would be up"
Me still not really awake but sounding plenty pissed "Normally yes but this is my tun to sleep in."
Him sounding almost fearful "I am sorry I will call back in 3-4 hours."
While this does not translate that well after I get off the phone the love of my life is laughing uncontrollably with this image of Drewbacca sitting on his couch actually afraid of what might happen should the conversation continue. I must admit he really did sound like he was thinking "Oh shit Ipissed him off and he may kill me" and she could hear him.
So now it's about 10 after 9 am and I have my coffee and I am watching Looney Toons with the kids. I have a world calss sinus headache. Yes the wookie my die.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Awwww. You must really be a prick when you wake up huh?
Poor guy.
Did you go to breakfast?
Damn right I did. I actually just got back. Went to Ihop and it was so good. I am ready for a kick ass nap.
Before I have had my first cup of coffee and my first cigarette I am the last person you want to be around much less have the misfortune of waking up.
You went and cut his toe off right? Coz he used the line, so it may as well happen!
I myself LOVE mornings. Based on the fact I see no other person until I am awake. Having kiddie is gonna be a huge wakeup call for me!
Morning people have something very wrong with them.
I did consider cutting off the wookies big toe and putting on a chain to wear as a trophy.
Post a Comment