Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Where I stand on racism

This is a comment I left on this article over at Babeled. Kind of got me going a little. Anyway Thought I would share. It looks like this one could go on a while.

Where do I begin?

Let’s start with awkwardness. I am a straight white male. I am “the man” and have never felt any awkwardness around black people. I even grew up in a small town that virtually none and did not meet a black person until I was 16. Cool guy, we got along great. During my time in the military I got to know several African Americans (Forgot we were being politically correct.) and my commanding officer was a black guy. On second thought I have never been politically correct so why start now. I never felt awkward by the color of our skin being different. I attribute this to totally ignoring everyone and everything that told me I should feel guilty about my ancestors. I realized at an early age I stand on my own as a man. I never bought into the brainwashing that I should feel some sort of responsibility for the sins of my fathers. there are 2 things that I attribute to my not being a racist.

1. All men are created equal. When i studied the document in school i asked what it meant by that line. It made sense. I added it to my moral rolledex.

2. I can trace my ancestry straight to Robert E. Lee. My ancestors were slave owners and it is known that slave owners had sex with slaves. This produced babies. If the baby came out with fair enough skin it would be taken from the slave and the slave owner would raise it. So if you follow that line of thought there is a very good chance that I myself am a black man.

Next.

Political correctness does nothing but further discrimination.

Next.

Reparations, please sir the very idea is laughable. To say that some one deserves payment due to something that happened that long ago. Well then how about we pay reparations to anyone that has ever had an ancestor that was a slave. That would involve everyone on the planet. Every culture in history had slaves of some sort that were treated just as poorly or worse. Americans did not invent slavery we learned it from every other culture that ever was. Less you forget people were not stolen from Africa they were sold to the white man by their own people who were keeping them as what…that’s right kids slaves. They enslaved each other on a regular basis.

Andrew while I believe you have the best of intentions and my intent is not to insult you, I would suggest doing a little more reading on the subject and for crying out loud quit getting suckered into guilt by the propaganda machine that is the bleeding heart liberal.

Helping Americans all Americans that live in the inner cities not just the black people is a wonderful thing. It is when you call it out by race that you actually are helping to keep social equality from happening.

Granted inner cities are largely populated by blacks but not exclusively. This is economics not racism. Before you can effectively pour money into a community and have it mean anything you have to get aggressive with the gangs and taken them out (take that however you want). Again I don’t see this as a race issue at all. That would be a result of not seeing race. When you stop seeing race is when you start seeing racial equality. I see people not their skin color. We have been and are still conditioned to see race. So quit worrying about race and reparations and concentrate on people as people not as black and white.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Political Correctness". Two words that have fucked every race over, and handed the wrong people power to use it as a weapon.

Like you, I have friends of all races. I like a person, not a certain colour or race. But unfortunately there is a lot of division in all quarters and division in the groups themselves meaning that racism is a word that is going to be around for as long as the world is.

Can you think of one single event that can change it for the better? I cant.

The Movie Whore said...

Giant killer aliens

Anonymous said...

Still wouldn't happen! People would panic and attack other people in the name of saving themselves! al Qaeda would go and join the aliens in the name of defeating America and find some way of making the aliens a gift from God...coz they are fucked up like that.