Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Why not?

I usually do not post anything ion the weekends and I am still dealing with quite the hangover. So I figured why not through something out there just for the hell of it while I am waiting for the new SNL with Christopher Walken hosting tonight.

So here is how my day started. I woke up to my phone letting me know I had a new text message. It was at this precise moment in time that I felt my head split open from drinking way too much. I used to be quite the heavy drinker. I would be able drink a $100 worth of booze by myself. Not any more. I don't drink that often and when I do I usually have no more than 2. Last night was a special occasion. If you actually read this dribble I write you know I had a couple of out of town visitors last night. We spent most of the night bullshitting at their hotel room drinking. Well OK I did most the talking. I am a talkative guy any way but when you add booze I don't shut up. Last night was a perfect example. Marco and Kim did a wonderful job of putting up with my non stopping rambling. They totally indulged my desire to have the spotlight. They are some cool guys. I felt like I had met a kindred spirit in Marco. He seems to be just as twisted as I am. Kim is much quieter but when he speaks it matters. I am a sarcastic asshole in case you haven't noticed and Kim got me good a few times. They have a lot of it on video and I was in rare form. Really going above and beyond to make an ass of myself. Really I do that sober but the booze took it to the next level. the girlfriend even came by to hang out with us. The coolest part of the evening for me was when the guys or Marco started talking about me joining up with them in their efforts to produce some high quality cinema. I really do consider it the highest of honors to have artists ask me to help them create. Some how I don't think they know what they are getting themselves into. When it comes to work I am unrelenting in my desire to create perfection. You would never know that reading the ramblings I post here and that is because this is not work, this is therapy. It's fun and I love doing it. I am definitely looking forward to seeing what capacity I will be able to use my talents to aid these guys in producing some top notch films. Of course once I get started they may kill me. You have seen on here that I will ruip people a new own over making films the wrong way. They got a small taste of that last night. I was not mean but honest. Too often the 2 things are seen as the same thing. Hold on. One of my favorite Megadeth songs came on and I was having a hard time concentrating. Where was I. Oh yes the adventure of film making that I am about to embark on. It really is exciting and part of a dream come true.

So now back to my brain trying pound its way through my skull. So I stumble out to the living room and open the phone and see that Statty has sent me a text message. I figure he is seeing if I am awake to find out about last nights little adventure. Boy was I fucking wrong. The message I got was as follows.

Well I'm getting married...Haha.

I was not in the mood for jokes. Instead of responding I called the bastard.

"I am way too hungover for these kind of shenanigans. What the fuck is going on?"

"It's not a joke and it's past April Fools, me and Yoko (his now wife) are on our way to reno to get married. We had a long talk about it last night and she waited to go last night but I told her let's sleep on it and if we still think it is a good idea in the morning then we'll do it"

So here is the final piece of what I am officially referring to as my weirdest week ever. It has all been positive stuff that has taken place but just fucking weird and coincidental like you not believe and I if I ever write an autobiography it is going to be called "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K: A journey of one weird life."

I have touched on some of the weird occurrences in my life in previous posts but they don't scratch the surface to just how weird my life is. I love the Beatles. Just transferred the discography my girlfriend has on her computer to mine today. You know I can't liten to Twist and Shout with out thinking about Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Sublime is good to. What I Got just came on. So I have varying tastes when it comes to music. I just love music that has a good groove. So here I sit in the dark writing this silly little post for this silly little blog and I wonder to myself "Self what the hell are doing here right now?"

Honestly I don;'t have a very good answer or a bad one. I just don't know. Maybe I was hoping that once I started typing something profound would jump out or maybe some brilliantly funny thing would creep it's way from my brain through to my fingers. Not fucking likely. So here I sit in the dark listening now to Violent Femmes and wondering why it is I am still typing. I just can't seem to stop myself almost as if I know I have something to say I just can;t figure out what it is. I could have already said it and now I am going to into over kill. Here I sit. Ozzy is my hero.

Well let me leave you with a few little things.
1. Judge yourself then accept the things you don't like or change them but please don't complain about them.

2. Save your judgments for yourself. No body cares what you think of them and if they did they would ask for thoughts.

3. Be true to who are at all costs. If you don;t know who that is take an few minutes to look yourself in the eye in the mirror.

I just figured out why I am doing this. I am trying to fill a whole that has been left empty for far too long. Stop right there Sy. I am being serious. You see there is this guy that I have known for just over twenty years that may as well be blood. We have had our differences over the years but we have both reached a point where can appreciate one another. I just got off the phone with him. Man I miss that dude. I stepped away from writing this for a bit to give him a call. So I guess my weird week ends here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what is your fave megadeth song?
When will this video you speak of raise it's head for us to see?

And that hole you mention you want to fill...are you sure I cant comment on that one? Coz...well...my fingers are itching. Set them free Jim...set them free. let me know when that serious bit goes, and I will just let it flow...

The Movie Whore said...

You really are a sick fuck sir. That's what I like about you.

I am going to have to go with Peace Sells for lyrical content alone. Dave is great writing angry angry music.

I was talking about missing a piece of me. I was being serious and in future posts I will give you plenty of opportunities to exercise that warped mind of yours. Just not this time. I had not talked to my buddy in years. Last time we talked I had chewed him out really bad. So for me and my therapy this post should remain empty of such lude remarks pertaining to that section of the post. Your cooperation is most appreciated and yes I know you are ready to explode from having to refrain from taking such easy shots as they could not have been set up any better.

Anonymous said...

I do know what you mean. I have a friend I see at most once a year, but it is one of those situations where when we meet up, we are like we were out for a beer the night before. It is shit when you see that stuff changing. But it changes... Life bites (or can be better for) like that.