Monday, May 5, 2008

Just another manic Monday...

I wish it was Sunday because that's my fun day.

Did I just pull out the Bengals, I did and I don't care.

So it's not quite 10 am and I am just now getting around to writing this because last night I went to see this band that The Queen of the Geeks is obsessed with. The band is Floater and we saw their acoustic set at the El Rey theater in Chico.

The El Rey was built back in 1906 and seats close to 1,000 people. The place has incredible acoustics and murals on the wall I can't even begin to describe. I did find a site with some pictures. The coolest thing about the murals is that the left wall is exactly the same as the right wall.

Saturday I went to see Iron Man and loved it. For a more detailed review check my other site.

So here we are with Monday. Monday the 5th of May. Cinco De Mayo. I understand the desire to have a day to just get fucking plastered but really we are going to celebrate a Mexican holiday in the US and not acknowledge what it is about. Seriously that is just blatant douche baggery. I feel the same way about St. Patty's. Go back and read this post for a lesson. It is in the last paragraph.

OK off the soap ox and on to something completely different.

So I helped the Wookie move his girl in to his place this weekend. My first instinct with this chick was not good. Not good at all. I see I was right but I also see a some one trying to change. So we will see what happens.

So the concert was not too bad. My only problem with the band is the guys voice on some of the songs. He sounds like he is trying to sing instead of using his natural singing voice. It's forced sound that cuts through my brain and makes me want to kill people. His natural singing voice sounds much better and the urge to kill goes away.

Well I am off to do something spectacular. On the mean time find a way to do some thing spectacular and share it with others. Buh Bye.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

#1. I cannot believe you dragged the Bangles out.
#2. It's nice of you to help a gal move.
#3. Did you get to move the panty drawer?

The Movie Whore said...

1. I had to. It's me I have to do these things.

2. Thank you.

3. Went sniffing around for it but it was hidden form me. Apparently the Wookie gave her advanced warning.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to see Iron Man at 8 o'clock Eastern Standard tonight. I am excited.

The Movie Whore said...

Greg hit me up on email and let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

Will do. I must admit, I know very little about the comic itself but I am a big Downey Jr. fan. No to mention everything I hear about this film is tremendous so I am pretty excited. It's been a while since I have made it out to the movies.

By the way, this song is cemented into my brain for the day. Thank you.