Thursday, May 1, 2008

One more in the books

So my face still hurts but I am going to live and that's the bad news. On to the good news.

I had this thing I was doing earlier and I found this other thing that helped me do the first thing and then I did this other thing that had doing all kinds of things.

Then I went and had dinner with The Queen of the Geeks family. Damn good food. Her brother is a cool guy. I like her mom too.

So it's Thursday night around 11pm and That 70's show is on as usual. Is it just me or did Jackie get hotter as the show went on. If only she had a mute button.

The show never fails to make me laugh.

So I have been doing a lot of writing lately for the other site. It is hard work keeping both sites full of new content. These posts kind of write themselves but the other site I have to actually look shit up and worry about being right. Like my last 2 interviews that got posted this week. I spent more hours working those 2 articles then I spend on 2 weeks worth of posts on this site.

Again here the posts write themselves but when writing a real interview I have to sift through pages of notes and decide what to use and what to throw out. I have to put effort into making my guest come off looking good and still try to make it interesting. The first interview I did with Uwe Boll was my first interview ever. This last one was the best so far. I am learning and learning quickly. I have no choice. If I am going to make this other site work I have to be spot on with everything I do. If only I could get some more traffic to the site. Then I could use my stats to sell interviews and sell ad space. I have resigned myself to the fact that in order for the site to work and in order for me to put what I want into it I need to make money off it with out being cheap and cheesy.

I know this is not the normal madness that comes with the Friday post but it is weighing on my mind quite a bit. I still can't find a job and money is tight. I have a prospect coming up doing some office work for the apartment complex I line in but that is at least a month away, maybe longer.

Yeah so I am a little stressed and a little under the weather. So the crazy shit is not flowing and I can't force it. My apologies.

Then everyone Loves Raymond comes on and it reminds of a story.

My moms parents names were Frank and Marie. They lived in Carson City Nevada. As a kid My mom would take me and my sister for visits a couple times a year. I always loved going to grandma and grandpas house. They kept this bowl of soft mints on the table and my grandpa would smoke his pipe and it smelled so good. They had a garden in the back and I would spend time with my grandpa working in the garden. I worshiped the man. He will always be one of my favorite people and one of the people I have the greatest respect for. I miss him. He died when I was 13. I always regretted not being there to say goodbye. They also had 2 dachshund's, the Fritzies, Big Fritz and Little Fritz. I loved those dogs. The image that always brings a smile to my face is of my grandma standing at the stove cooking while smoking. I am sure there were times that there was no salt and pepper even though it looked like it. Sorry grandma I could not resist.

Anyway Nevada gets hot. Real hot. The other thing I loved about these visits was going to The Nugget casino. They had kids room down stairs with all kinds of arcade games and even a bumper pool table. It was great when I was kid. Now if we went anywhere during the day there was always one thing everyone in the car knew was coming.

"Park in the Shade Frank."

"I know Marie."

"Frank you passed the shade."

"I know Marie I am looking for closer spot."

"There is a shade spot Frank."

"I know Marie."

This while my mom, my sister and I are in the back seat trying not to laugh. The other day I was driving somewhere and went to park and passed up a close spot for a spot in the shade. The Queen of the Geeks pointed out that I always park in the shade. It was then I realized that every time I go to park somewhere I always here my grandparents and especially my grandma saying, "Park in the shade."

"I know grandma, I know."

I miss them both and this little piece of my years knowing them will always stick with me.

Again my apologies for the lack of crazy shit today but I am just not feeling it. today was a personal day and I had some personal shit to say. I hope this day finds you all well and I hope you all have a kick ass weekend.

In closing check Crissy out she has had some fucking hilarious shit this week. Especially her Thursday video post. Classic shit that had me rolling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you have the memories. I was pretty young when all my grandparents died, and my memory is frankly shocking at the best of times, so I dont have any like that!

As for the traffic thing...it does come with time, but also is hard to hold on to as people come and people go. Get yourself on places likemybloglog and blogcatalog and see where it goes!

The Movie Whore said...

Why than you my friend. I am going to have to check those out. I also felt like shit last week which just made me even more anxious. I feel better now.