Here I sit pondering how I got here.
It' been a weird road that has brought me to this this place in time. How did I get here?
So a little over 2 years ago I got my first introduction to MySpace. My ex-wife and I were still together. She was at her parents house in Cottonwood California and I was up in Redmond Oregon. We were in the process of moving back to California. She brought the kids down recovering from her breast reduction surgery as was staying with her parents. I was wrapping up work and getting the place cleaned up.
Her parents hated me with a passion. I was not welcome to stay in their home. On my way down to stay with my parents I picked up The Dude and brought him with me. Shortly there after is when we decided to divorce.
I saw this blog button on MySpace and really did not even know what a blog was. I saw it as a journal, a very public journal to write down my thoughts. I wrote then as I write now, like I ma speaking to a large crowd. I always write the way I speak. It just seems more natural and less forced.
That was my first time blogging. I kept up with it from time to time to let the world know how my life was going.
In January of 2007 I got an email on MySpace from a former employee of mine that I had not seen in 3 years. I had never talked to her outside of work much less as some one she did not work for. When she was my direct report I had the hots for her. I pretty much looked everywhere but at her when talking to her. I had actually fantasized about her quite a bit over the 3 years. So here is what I sent her.
Of course I remember you. I will even let you in on a little secret. I totally had a thing for you but
1. I was married.
2. You were living with some one.
3. We worked together.
I figured I would just get it out of the way early and see if I bombed or if I had something to look forward to. Her reply can be summarized with one word.
Ditto
That is how I got together with The Queen of the Geeks. I know I will end up marrying her and spending quite a happy life with her. We don't argue. When we do it's over something incredibly stupid and ends with me laughing. A lot of things end with me laughing.
So time goes on. I still hit the MySpace blog from time to time but still really had no idea what blogging was or how much of an impact it was making on the web.
Last October the love of my life told me I could stay at home and be a house a bitch. So I did.
At first I did not too bad at keeping up around the house. OK it lasted a week. Then I fell into this boredom. I had nothing to do when The Dude was with his mom. I spent way too much time with my stumble button.
One day stumble brought me to http://www.blogger.com/
I figured what the hell I am as opinionated as the next asshole. So I started this blog.
About the same time Stumble brought me to 1, 2, 3 blogs that I was reading every day. then a little later I found 4 and 5. I had established a great rapport with these people and have begun some friendships that I will never forget.
Then a magic fairy flew down from the mountain of wishes and said "What is it you wish for?"
"A million bucks."
"I am sorry but I am not the money fairy. I am the internet fairy. Do you have a cyber wish?"
"I wish to The Movie Whore and own website with that name."
"Your wish has been granted."
Along the way I have had several styles of writing. The insanity you can blame this woman for. It was her that suggested that I write a post that looked like a brainstorming session. The Blog Storm was born and so was my main style of writing.
At times I wonder how I keep this blog up with the other one always writing something new for each. There are days my brain hurts.
I have also found that writing a post is much more fun and much easier than writing an interview. I am getting better.
I had promised some extra crazy but instead I will give you some extra thanks.
Thanks Greg for being the first to leave a comment. Thanks Mirjam for a lot of kind of words and support. Thanks Sy for being close to being as crazy as me. Thanks Crissy for being as crazy as me. It's funny I am always looking for others that find this little blog to comment but I find really I am looking for you you 4. I will be looking later today as I look every day.
Have great weekend kids.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Happy 100 posts!
I hate to break this to you, but I'm crazier than you.
Sorry.
100 posts! Good effort my friend!
And hey, hold off the wedding for about a year or so to spend some time with my kid, and then send me an invite!
It is great to have you along for the ride, and here is to the next 100 posts! I'll sink a couple of cold ones for ya tonight!
Kristen, have you ever danced around the living room while singing along with the movie Xanadu? I have.
Sy, when we get married it is going to so small that it may be only our parents that at the ceremony but I will definitely send the invite for the party afterwards.
I drank wayyyyy too much last night in honor of your 100 posts, and then I watched Top Gun.
Post a Comment