Thursday, May 15, 2008

I am at 90 posts.

10 more until number 100.

What is on the board today?

I am just now getting around to writing this. It is 9 am and here we go.

I learned this morning why Crissy is mental.

I also learned about The flight of the Hamster.

I now also know, unfortunately, what spitzering is.

It was also nice to see that getting traffic violations taken care of is just as difficult in Australia as it is in the USA.

This is how I spent the first part of my morning. Now I have my Starbucks and I am ready to wrote some stuff that may be all over place or it may follow some sort of structure. Let's see what happens.

My left eye has been twitching non stop for about 2 weeks now. It really is getting annoying. The Queen of the Geeks says it is from lack of sleep. I have been getting plenty of sleep. I even took a nap yesterday. I think it may have something to do with allergies. You see in Chico California if you have never had allergies you will when you move here.

John Bidwell, the founder of Chico, decided he wanted to see what would and what wouldn't grow here. As it turns out damn near anything will grow in Chico. So we have more kinds of pollen in the air than any where I have ever been. What this means to me is that for a few months each year I have a non stop sinus headache and my eyes go buggy.

You know there is a time and a place for everything. This is the time and place for me to say something random.

The caterpillars ate my underwear.

We have our annual Silver Dollar Fair coming up Memorial day weekend. Before this event takes place it will rain. It does every year. Then after the rain we get our first 100 degree days of the year. This makes for muggy weather and mud. There is also a lot of livestock so the air is full of this wonderful aroma mix of animal droppings and all the sorted fair food. Talk about making you sick to your stomach. I quit going to the fair years ago.

A moth ate my socks.

Then I went to the place for the thing that i had been waiting for and they did not have it. I cried. Then I pulled out a gun but it was a squirt gun and I squirted everyone in the place.

So there is guy I know. He started dating this chick a couple years ago that made us all raise an eyebrow. You meet this girl and after 5 seconds you know she is coo coo for Cocoa Puffs. She broke into his apartment and was sitting on his couch when he came home and one time told him she would pour gas on him and light him on fire. No I am not making this up. He kept dating her. Everyone I know that met the chick all had the same thing to say. "She's nuts."

So here I sit in my robe typing away and wondering how long it will be before I find my pot of gold. Like that is the strangest thing you have read on here.

Well kids I think I may go get dressed and do something. I am not sure what but it will be something. You kids have fun and I will see you tomorrow for another stormy Friday.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim, are you a fan of Starbucks. I spent two and a half years of my collegiate years slinging Frappucinos and lattes in Princeton, New Jersey. And I thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience, at least the parts I can remember.

The Movie Whore said...

Mans greatest achievement = Coffee

Second place = Coffee houses. Starbucks, Dutch Brothers and countless others.

Anonymous said...

I am curious. Next post, write it with zero coffee in the system. I can almost see the pent up anger and rage! personally, I am a coffee fan, but feel my niche is in the cold fizzy drink market and only have coffee on night shifts to keep me from going doolally. Well, more...

The Movie Whore said...

Me angry is bad. Very bad. I say things you can't take back. Nice thought though.

Anonymous said...

Nah you put a disclaimer at the beginning letting people know it is a lack of coffee induced post!

The Movie Whore said...

Me with out coffee does not produce anger unless you have called me way too early in the morning then you might get a "This better be fucking good."

Anonymous said...

I think it would be cool to bare witness to Jim's dark side of the bean.

I am trying to kick the caffeine habit. I moderate myself to one double espresso every afternoon and that's it. Since I have cut back from the equivalent on 12 cups a day, my anxiety has subsided and my heart palpitations are a thing of the past.

Anonymous said...

Right. Greg, you stop him from drinking coffee, and I will call him at crazy o'clock. I figure this is safer as I am across the pond, thus harder to get in his fit of rage.

I think we are on to a winner here!

The Movie Whore said...

Thank God neither of you has my phone number or lives close enough to cause any problems with my coffee.

Anonymous said...

Is there an online phone book for your area? Or do you have skype? I could ring that repeatedly saying that starbucks is closing.

The Movie Whore said...

No luck, no Skype. i purposefully make it difficult to find me at home.