Saturday, July 6, 2013

My favorite films High Fidelity

Yo!

Jon Cusack has made more films and portrayed more characters that spoke to me on a personal level than any other actor is history. HIGH FIDELITY screams at me at the top of its lungs. It's a personal movie for personal reasons. If you are going to be around here, I may as well get personal.

I think every man reaches a point where he starts looking back and asking "Where did I go wrong?" and is usually missing everything going right that is plainly in front of him. I have had that trip. I have gone back to an ex or two trying to figure it out. I learned more about them and me than I thought I would.

This film is honest and brutally so in the way it examines how we interact with one another becasue we make assumptions rather than actually talk to each other. Don't get me wrong it has some funny moments and they keep coming at a regular pace throughout the film.

Have you ever been at a point where nothing seemed to bring you pleasure and everything felt like a repeat of the same old thing?

Ever long for something new just to have something new?

Sometimes you have to delve into the past to find what you are missing in the present so you can make a better choice for your future. I know I am covering some deep shit here and this is supposed to be a comedy. Well kids, comedy is more often than not born from tragedy.

Some of the shit that makes me laugh the hardest is some of the most tragic shit you never want to hear. Not all tragedy can be comedic and not all comedy comes from tragedy, but the best comedy comes from painful fucking honesty.

HIGH FIDELITY is brutally honest in it's examination of this mans life without making excuses and doing it with style.

I just told you what I love about the film if you want to read about the film, what the fuck do you think Wikipedia is for. I am trying to expand your mind, not regurgitate what some other fuckhead wrote. I am my own fuckhead.

Have fun kids.

No comments: