Monday, July 1, 2013

You can't remake art mother...

fucker!

With that said, let's get into this shit hard and heavy and if I move too fast for you, well you can ask me to explain later, but for now hold on for the ride inside the mind of the mentally deranged total film fanatic, the man who slit his wrists when he heard about the Twilight box office numbers, I give you none other the legend of his own mind, The Movie Whore.

Yo.

Ok so I have been out of this shit for a while and I will tell you I am not that excited to be doing this shit again, when on the first day out, what the holy blue fuck do I see, but as I am trying to have a morning smoke and some coffe I am scrolling through facebook and my buddy Dom posted this crazy shit.

Jacob's Ladder remake news on Gamma Squad. Please click to read the news and get their opinion as well.

Let me make myself really fucking clear here. The days of my giving a flying fuck how my opinions could effect any desired film career, have just been kicked right out the fucking window and I am ready to really just go ape shit and have some fun. I think it was Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne who put it best "Let's get nuts!"

When it come to the idea of remake, re-imagine- retold for the first time- re any motherfucking thing, this fucking whore loses his God damned (May have actually been damned by a god, but we're not sure and are doing further research to determine all possibilities.) mind every time I see some bit of news about another one of these travesties of art.

Call me crazy, because I don't give one fuck about the business of film and how to bring the story a new twist, fuck that. Write something else that is like that, don't just grab the fucking title as if the original never existed.

As an artist this has got to be the biggest slap in the fucking face. I once heard Clive Barker say something about wondering why what he did with Hellraiser was not good enough that it needed to be remade. So what the fuck is the rationale and justification for anally raping a mans art?

Raping and pillaging his soul, his creations, the things he gave to us from the inner most parts of himself. What gives us the right?

Really what the holy blue fuck maynard!?

Who gives a fuck what I think about this let's think for fucking minute about what it has to be like to be the guy who made it first. I asked Eric Red about this very thing when the remake of The Hitcher came out and I was interviewing for another project. He felt slighted and he damn well deserved to.

You can not out crazy Rutger Fucking Hauer! Just can't be done, unless maybe you are Christopher Walken and that is just a different type of crazy mixed with cool cat mother fucking pimp daddy and you better say it like you mean it bitch.

If there any independent film makers out there, I pose you this question out of curiosity and a desire for a dialog, if some one approached you about remaking one of your past efforts with studio backing how would you feel? I really want to know.

Well kids, this has been swell but the swelling is getting out of hand and I need to ice this thing down. Have fun
The Movie Whore.

No comments: