His connection to Uncle Lloyd?
Tromeo and Juliet.
He wrote it with Uncle Lloyd.
Now then kiddos, why is he so SUPER, well if you check out the Flick you will find out for yourself.
Oh Movie Whore why should we watch this movie?
I know so many of you need a reason other than "BECAUSE I'M THE MOVIE WHORE MOTHER FUCKER AND I SAID SO!"
It comes to my attention that pimping like that don't work so well. So sit back and get comfy and let the Whore in your mind to show you why SUPER is such a good time.
I know, but come on in my head in sounded much cooler than you read it. Back to the show.
James Gunn also directed this little flick called SLITHER that showed his Troma heritage loud and proud and it was one of the more entertaining horror flicks that I have seen in years. In fact it ranks 72 in my flickchart list.
SLITHER had one of Hollywood biggest whores, Nathan Fillion playing the plucky hero in a horror nightmare gone wrong. Mutant killer slugs, Michael Rooker eating raw meat and Elizabeth Banks in granny panties long before she ever dawned them for Kevin Smith.
What's not to like?
It is one of those films that dares you to laugh while it grosses you out. However Gunn was able to create a couple suspenseful moments amongst the humor and the horror. He has a gift for it.
SLITHER is a Movie Whore movie all the way. It was fun and entertaining and never took itself too seriously. It's everything the director intended it to be and he did a wonderful job bringing that fun, albeit gruesome, vision to life.
Wait a minute there Mr. Movie Whore, I thought this was supposed to be about SUPER, why the fuck are you talking about this flick?
I hate the TV show THE OFFICE. I worked in too many of those places and found the show to be too honest. I mean I actually saw some of that shit take place. Take that into consideration and telling me the movie stars Rainn Wilson and I just went limp inside you.
Now I read that the director is James Gunn and now I am hard and ready for a mind fuck with this whore.
So does she measure up, is SUPER a SUPER whore or toothless crack whore you should never speak of again?
How did this little whore get so far up my list?
To start this movie felt like a Troma movie with a budget. Let me qualify that statement. Lloyd Kaufman is an independent film icon, activist, writer, director, producer, Lloyd Kaufman is independent film. I would strongly suggest not testing me on this. It could get ugly for you. After all The Movie Whore takes this shit way too seriously.
When I say a Troma movie with a budget, what I mean to say is some people who are really passionate about what they do found some assholes to give them enough money to work their asses off to bring you some entertainment, some art. Maybe not the kind of art you normally think of as art, but it is art none the less.
I can say these things quite comfortably after watching the what resulted from all that passion and hard work and money. It was magical. It was orgasmic. My mind was filled to the brim and pouring out all over.
Just like this blog, this movie is not for the faint of heart.
One of my all time favorite "OOOOOH DAAAAMN!" moment in film is in the movie DUECES WILD when Stephen Dorf hits a dude with a pipe and you here "Tink."
It was brutal.
I heard "Tink" a few times in SUPER. The Crimson Bolt (Rainn Wilson) uses a wrench as he fights fights crime with his ever faithful and psychotic sidekick Boltie (Ellen Paige). I mean hell I get it, If my heroine addicted wife was back on the needle and left me for Kevin Fucking Bacon I would snap too. I might even run around in a home made read out fit, with mask, banging people in the head with a wrench for butting in line. Well maybe, I am not sure, but I'm sure that from the beginning of this film James Gunn dared me to laugh. He gave me situation after situation that should have been horrendous and he made me laugh.
That is the spirit of Troma, to be daring and take every chance, because it's art after all.
I never thought much of Rainn Wislon, he left a bad taste on my mouth after The Office. Last night he washed it out with a performance that was just as daring as the idea of man taking on crime all by himself. He exposed himself in ways I didn't even realize until the end of the film. His performance brought tears to my eyes and I never saw it coming. He carried this film on his shoulders without fear and made this movie a film.
Ellen Paige is just one of my favorite little freakazoids. I mean that in the best possible way. I have yet to see her back down from taking a character to that uncomfortable place and owning it. She steps up and does it again. Imagine the little psycho girl from KICK ASS all growed up. I meant to say growed so get the fuck over it. This woman is one I never tire of watching. She brings such life to every character she portrays I forget I am not watching a documentary. She makes it real, this sorceress of the magic box.
I mentioned Nathan Fillion is a whore and it is his portrayal of a Christian superhero that solidified that opinion. Talk about a man with absolutely no shame and just a crazy fun look at me ego maniacal good time Joe, well then this is the guy. He delivers his usual childish charm and adds a little extra to something already so good.
I was also happy to see Uncle Lloyd make a cameo appearance in his apprentices work. I think you will agree after watching the film that the student has caught up to the master and may have even passed him up. I am happy to see film makers Like James Gunn out there making daring films and doing it with style.
Hell I would pay this whore every time it was so good. Go watch SUPER.
PS Why am I digging up old shit?
Well you got some new shit that is an indie flick and you think I should watch it. Well tall me about it and I will think it over.
Please, if you are going to pimp me a whore, make it a good sell job. Get my excited about the process, make me hard and ready this whore you have discovered.
or
Just tell me why in at least 50 words, at least.

No comments:
Post a Comment